FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a kitchen fire in Bridgwater's Devonshire Street.

Crews headed to the scene at 8pm last night (Sunday, June 18) and quickly got to work using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire involved a pan on a stove. The property was slightly damaged by smoke, the cooker and cooker hood were also damaged by fire. 

"Crews made attempts to clear the property of smoke using positive pressure ventilation. The fire started accidentally."