FIRE crews have been called to a home in Bridgwater.

Fire engines from Bridgwater, Burnham and Taunton were all called to the incident, as well as an operational assurance officer.

They were all called to Chedzoy Lane shortly after 5pm this afternoon (April 19).

After the first crew reached the scene the others were stood down as the fire was already out.

The small fire was caused by a plastic food bowl accidentally placed on an electric hob.

There was a small amount of damage to food bowl and it was removed by the homeowner.

There was also some slight heat damage to hob.