Western Counties League (North): Bridgwater & Albion RFC 20-45 Old Redcliffians Second XV

This was a game of two halves, the first of which was very evenly contested. The second however saw Old Reds score five tries and run out the comfortable winners.

The game set off at a furious pace and Old Reds had the better of the early exchanges.

After 14 minutes however it was Bridgwater who took the lead when following a penalty to touch a neat move saw Jake Knight side step a couple of challenges before going over for an unconverted try to the left of the posts.

Shortly after, Danny Mahoney produced a good run down the right flank, but just short of the line a penalty was conceded and Old Reds cleared their line.

The visitors then mounted an attack that resulted in them being awarded a penalty which was kicked to touch on the right. From the line out the Old Reds captain Ty Fakoya went over for a try near the right hand corner to level the scores.

Almost from the kick off the hosts regained the lead when skipper Taylor Buller charged through and touched down to the left of the posts.

Old Reds responded immediately when Fakoya ran clear down the right flank before scoring an unconverted try which made the score 10-10 at half time.

The visitors kicked off the second half but it was the hosts who were in the ascendancy, looking to add to their score with an early attack, which sadly came to nothing.

From the start of the game the Old Reds backs had moved the ball well and looked threatening but had been unable to make this advantage count.

However from this point of the game Old Reds seemed to step up a gear and after 45 minutes a break down the left hand side saw Tom Fogerty score a try which Jack Gapper converted.

Bridgwater kept on fighting and reduced the arrears when Kyran Devitt slotted home penalty in front of the posts.

The visitors went straight back onto the attack and following a kick to touch and line out they drove the ball forward towards the line but the Bridgwater defence held firm and the try was held up.

Old Reds wasted not time in returning back to Bridgwater territory and on 56 minutes a break down the left side saw Sam Rees score a try which Gapper converted. The visitors were on a roll and soon after Lewis Oakley broke from his own half side stepped two challenges before scoring a try which Fogerty converted.

Old Reds were piling on the pressure and just after the hour Archie Knight went over  for a try which Fogerty added the extras to, soon after which Tom Hughes ran down the left flank before scoring a try which the trusty boot of Fogerty converted.

With 10 minutes remaining the hosts Old Reds had a player yellow carded close to their line and from the resulting penalty Harrison Cornish crashed over for a try which Devitt converted.

In the dying stages Bridgwater had two players yellow carded both for deliberately knocking on but despite them being reduced to 13 there was no further score as the game ended 45-20 to Old Reds.