BRIDGWATER United continued their current form with a 1-0 victory over Mousehole in the FA Vase on Saturday.

The match at Fairfax Park was a very tense game and the 327 fans got their value for money as there was 12 minutes added time at the end of the game.

In-form centre back Jordan Greenwood scored the all important goal for Bridgwater in the 39th minute but it was Jake Viney in goal who was man of the match; he made over 10 saves to keep his side in the lead.

Early in the match Mousehole got into a rhythm and were creating a number of chances, Tallan Mitchell was running the midfield and linking well with the ever dangerous Hayden Turner, who was on the left wing.

Bridgwater had to work there way into the match and they did create some chances, however the Mousehole defenders did well to limit the chances.

United came more into the game around the half hour mark; a corner ball dropped down at the feet of Ross Edwards and he shot to the left of the goal.

Then in the 39th minute Greenwood rose highest to meet a Tom Llewellyn corner and his header sailed into the goal.

Bridgwater Mercury: GOAL: Jordan Greenwood rises the highest to head home (Photo: Debbie Gould)GOAL: Jordan Greenwood rises the highest to head home (Photo: Debbie Gould)

Early in the second period Jack Taylor dispossessed Josh Otto as he was trying to play out from the back but Taylor missed his shot.

It has to be said for the rest of the game Mousehole were on top, Turner looked the most likely for them as he often beat his defender to get a shot away.

If it wasn't for Viney's heroics in goal the scoreline could have read differently, at one point Turner lifted the ball into the midst of the penalty area and Mark Goldsworthy flicked against the crossbar.

Bridgwater were hanging on, and they did so through some last ditch defending and strong teamwork.

The Robins did create some more chances as Mousehole were left open at the back, Adnan Hiroli found some space and hit a half volley just wide of the goal.

Hiroli then had a header at the far post from another corner kick which looked certain to cross the line but a last second save from Week's in goal kept it out.

The players, coaches and fans of both sides were than left confused when the referee signalled there was 12 minutes added on at the end of the game.

Mousehole used the extra time to push higher up the pitch for a goal however they could not get the ball in the back of the net.

The win means Bridgwater have progressed to the next round of the FA Vase and Mousehole just have the league to focus on now.

Up next Bridgwater are back in league action at Fairfax Park on Saturday November 27 to face Ashton & Backwell.