Toolstation Western League Premier Division

Cribbs 0, Bridgwater Town 0

BRIDGWATER Town extended their unbeaten run after a stalemate at Cribbs on Tuesday night.

Jake Brown hit the crossbar on 13 minutes and Carl Jones couldn't apply the finishing touch to Pat O'Halloran's cross later in the first half.

After the break, Town goalkeeper Connor Sidley-Adams was called into action to deny the hosts on the hour, tipping a shot around the post.

Jack Taylor had the ball in the net late on only to be denied by an offside flag - the same player then saw a shot cleared before George Painter's header was saved as the match ended goalless.

Next up for Town is their final home match of the season, a local derby against Wellington on Good Friday (1pm).

Uhlsport Somerset County League Premier Division

Chilcompton Sports 1, Middlezoy Rovers 1

A LATE equaliser from Callum Laird earned Middlezoy Rovers a point away to title hopefuls Chilcompton Sports on Tuesday night.

Given the 6.30pm kick-off, and players' working commitments in the likes of Exeter, Plymouth and Southampton, it took a miraculous effort for Zoy to arrive on time.

Chilcompton were daunting opponents, boasting Paulton Rovers' Ryan Gay and Bradford Town's Will Hailstone and Jacob Sloggett in their squad.

Still, the first chance fell to the visitors in the sixth minute, as a corner was met by Adam Long's head, but his effort evaded the far top corner by a few inches.

The home side had their own presentable chance seven minutes later, breaking down the left and pulling the ball back for Steve Bridges – but he missed the target when well-placed.

Zoy enjoyed some good passages of play but couldn’t work the home keeper, and it remained 0-0 at half-time.

Chilcompton bossed possession following the restart, and it took two unbelievable saves from Zoy captain Greg Turner to keep them out.

Andrew Smith headed over at the other end, but the deadlock was eventually broken on 75 minutes.

A well-worked move ended with a cross from the left, which was rifled home by Monty Burgess.

Undeterred, Zoy were the more attacking side for the remaining 15 minutes, and two big chances fell to Laird – his first header missed the target, and the second hit the post.

But set-pieces continued to cause all sorts of issues for the hosts, and it was third time lucky for Laird in the 88th minute, as Dan Luce's corner wasn't dealt with, a goalmouth scramble ensued, and Laird poked the ball in.

The visitors saw out the remaining minutes comfortably, taking away a valuable away point which preserves an unbeaten run that stretches back to January 26.

Middlezoy: G Turner, C Laird, T Brown, J Horsey, C Lintell, A Smith, D Luce, A Male, J Williams, A Whaites, A Long.

Subs: J Higgins, L Winter, S Hallett

Man of the match: Greg Turner

Middlezoy are seventh in the Premier Division table, three points off fifth-placed Shirehampton with four games in hand, and this Friday sees them host eighth-placed Ilminster Town (ko 3pm).