Toolstation Western League
Premier Division
Roman Glass St George 3, Bridgwater Town 5

JUST as in the reverse fixture, Bridgwater Town and Roman Glass St George produced eight goals, but this time the Robins took all the points, coming from 2-0 down to win 5-3.

But the victory was marred by some ugly scenes just before the end, which saw both goalkeepers sent off.

The game enjoyed a lively start, Ian Bellinger seeing a goalbound shot blocked, before the hosts took the lead in the seventh minute, as a corner was not cleared and Sam Wentland headed in after a goalmouth scramble.

Bridgwater suffered a further setback on 20 minutes, as centre-back Lee Begg came off injured, Patrick O'Halloran taking his place, and Roman Glass extended their lead nine minutes later.

A cross from the right was headed up in the air, rather than away, by Charlie White, and winger Nathan Legge volleyed home.

The Robins were not at the races for most of the first half, but they reduced the deficit just before the interval, as substitute O'Halloran raced onto Harry Horton's through ball, rounded keeper Josh Dempsey and tucked the ball home.

There was still time enough for Jake Viney to make a fine save to deny the hosts a 3-1 half-time lead, and it was 2-2 just six minutes into the second period, as Jake Brown flicked the ball on for talismanic striker Jack Taylor to reach and lob the onrushing keeper.

Chances kept coming, for both sides - Horton and Tom Ellis seeing efforts cleared off the line at one end, and Viney making a super stop in a one-on-one situation.

The Robins' comeback was complete in the 74th minute, Horton sliding in Taylor to score his second, but they were pegged back when the hosts made it 3-3 courtesy of Joseph Swift on 86 minutes, after the visitors had failed to deal with a long goal-kick.

However, the away side went back ahead just a minute after that, and in some style - Horton volleying in off the crossbar from 25 yards out.

The win was sealed in the 90th minute, Towler latching onto the ball after Taylor and Bellinger had combined, and finishing with confidence from 15 yards.

But the drama was not finished, as stoppage time saw a melee break out, with scuffles between coaching staff, and the referee eventually restored order by sending off both managers, Viney (for a second yellow) and his goalkeeping counterpart Dempsey.

After a five-minute delay, and with Stephen Laker in between the sticks, the Robins saw out the remainder of added time to secure three points, following a manic finale of goals and frayed tempers.

Bridgwater Town: Jake Viney, Charlie White, Kurt Robinson, Lee Begg (Patrick O'Halloran 21), Tom Ellis, Dave Thorne, Harry Horton, Sam Towler, Ian Bellinger, Jack Taylor (Stephen Laker 90), Jake Brown. Subs not used: Charlie Dodd, Liam Winter, Dave Pearse.

The result sees Bridgwater four points clear of Westbury United at the top of the Premier Division standings, though the second-placed side do have four games in hand.

Next Saturday (December 8, ko 3pm) sees the Robins travel to play Buckland Athletic, who are 11th in the table.