Wembdon 1st XI continued their fine run of form with a hard-fought victory away to Frome.

The weekend clash marked the beginning of the second half of the season and saw a repeat of Wembdon's resounding victory in their first meeting.

Frome entered the match fresh from an impressive home win.

After winning the toss, Wembdon, undisturbed by the inconsistent weather and considerable rainfall, opted to bowl first.

Following a brief absence due to a side strain, Brendan Pope made a comeback, along with Brockwell.

The duo kept a tight control on the runs during the initial overs.

A strong performance by their bowling attack saw Brockwell bag two wickets in the 7th over.

The team's strong opening spell continued, giving away a mere 26 runs over the initial 14 overs.

Concurrently, Brockwell managed to break the 3rd wicket partnership, while Pope handed the ball over to De Zoysa's slow left arm.

De Zoysa began with a maiden over, before bagging a wicket at the outset of his second over, with Lewis being caught behind by Pigden.

With just 34 runs in 16 overs, Frome's hopes seemed to be dwindling.

A steadfast partnership between Unwin and Padgett, however, injected some life into Frome's innings.

Despite a strong resistance, Wembdon's commanding performance continued.

As Frome was limited to 111-9 by over 42, Gliddon quickly stacked up three wickets in a span of 10 balls, with Padgett being removed for 44.

A flurry of aggressive strikes from Cox briefly energised the tail-end of Frome's innings.

However, the return of Pope saw Cox bowled out, concluding the innings at 136.

In response, Watts started Frome's bowling attack, claiming Anning’s wicket in the final ball of the first over.

However, a resilient partnership between Everett and Puddy steered Wembdon in the right direction.

This was soon followed by De Zoysa's entrance at 4, who effortlessly dominated Frome's spinners.

The De Zoysa and Everett partnership quickly escalated the score, but a misjudged single saw De Zoysa run out for 54.

With only three runs needed to secure victory, Trunks hit his first ball for six, sealing the win in style with Everett finishing on 49.

Wembdon ran out winners by seven wickets in under 30 overs, solidifying their position.

They now turns their sights to their next match on their home grounds at The Green as they welcome Minehead on Saturday, July 13 from 12pm.