A KITCHEN fire prompted fire crews to scramble to a property in Brent Knoll.

Crews from Burnham and Bridgwater attended reports of a possible fire following a call to emergency services at 9.45pm last night (September 29).

"Upon arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed that there was smoke issuing from the kitchen area," said a spokesperson from the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

The fire was caused by 'combustible materials falling onto an overheated electrical conjunction box', they said.

"To extinguish the fire, firefighters wore breathing apparatus using one hose reel jet and one safety jet," the spokesperson added.

"Advice was given to the property owners."

The cause of fire was recorded as accidental.