TWO people and a dog were rescued from a bedroom window during a house fire this morning (September 15).

Firefighters from Taunton, Bridgwater, Burnham-on-Sea and Nether Stowey attended the incident on Wordsworth Avenue in Bridgwater.

The property was 50% damaged by fire and 100% damaged by smoke.

And the cause of the fire, which started around midnight, was accidental.

"Crews used one hose reel, one jet, four breathing apparatus, ladders, thermal imaging camera and positive pressure fan to ventilate the property," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"Gas and electric supplies were isolated as a safety precaution.

"An ambulance attended to provide medical assistance to the occupants."