A SHED in Yeovil was completely destroyed in a fire last night (February 17).

The shed, on Parish Mews, contained a tumble dryer and garden tools.

There was also 50 per cent damage to a fence and heat damage to the soffits and guttering of the neighbouring house.

Fire engines from Yeovil, Sherbourne and Martock attended the incident at 4.35pm.

"One fire engine from Yeovil and one from Sherborne, were sent to a report of a shed on fire," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"On arrival crews confirmed garden shed and fence were well alight and requested further assistance. Another fire engine from Martock was sent.

"The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet. The cause of the fire was accidental."