FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a property fire in a village near Bridgwater on Thursday (September 17).

Two fire engines and one from Street were sent to the scene in Edington shortly after 11am.

On arrival the crews confirmed there was a fire located on the ground floor of the home, and requested a further fire engine from Bridgwater to assist.

The firefighters used a total of six breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets, one safety jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and ventilate the property.

The tumble dryer where the fire originated was completely destroyed and the utility room suffered severe damage.

There was also 20 per cent heat and smoke damage to the rest of the property.

No-one was injured and crews managed to stop the fire spreading.The cause of the blaze is believed to have been accidental