A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a toaster caught fire in Street. Firefighters from Street were called to a property in Orchard Road at 5.17pm on Friday (January 24) to reports of a fire alarm sounding.

On arrival crews discovered a small fire involving a toaster and surrounding items.

One female casualty was treated with oxygen therapy for smoke inhalation.

There was 20 per cent damage to the toaster, 50 per cent damage to the curtains and 100 per cent light smoke logging to the property.

The property was naturally ventilated.