A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a fire started in a fuse box.

Fire engines from Bridgwater and Taunton were called to a building near Rhode Lane, Bridgwater, at around 1am on Sunday morning.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The single storey, end terrace property was heavily smoke logged.

"Crews used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire that had spread into the hallway and the roof space.

"They then used a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation camera to check the property and make sure it was safe.

"There was one hundred per cent damage to the hallway, fifty per cent damage to the roof space and ten per cent damage to the rest of the property."

"One female was taken to hospital in an ambulance."