FIREFIGHTERS were called to a property in Bridgwater after reports of a kitchen fire. 

Two fire engines from Bridgwater and one from Burnham-on-Sea attended the incident on Bristol Road at 3.35pm today (November 13)

When they arrived, crews confirmed there was a fire which had started due to a cardboard box being left on the rings of an electric cooker but it had been put out. 

Firefighters isolated the electrical supply to the premises and checked the building using a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire was accidental.