THE owner of Dave’s Diner at Bridgwater Train Station had a bit of shock when his fridge caught fire in his motor-home.

The fire service were called to the scene in Wellington Road last Thursday afternoon after a fire broke out due to an electrical fault with a fridge in the motor-home.

The owner of Dave’s Diner, David Whillis, and his friend Andrew Perry were in the vehicle at the time the fire broke out.

Andrew said: “We smelled smoke and thought it was actually someone smoking. Then we realised the fridge was on fire. We tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher but it wasn’t completely out.

“The fire service did a great job and arrived very quickly and we’d like to thank them.”

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, and one hose reel jet.