STEVE Bateman was the star performer of the weekend at Brean with two victories to his name. After battling with some recent techniques changes he finally found top form as he returned 42 points to win the Super Series on Saturday and then followed that up with an excellent 39 points in the steady rain of Sunday morning to win the Division One of the Monthly Stableford.

Runner up to Bateman on Saturday was his playing partner Eamonn Wynne who handed in 41 points. Pete Barton's storming back nine claimed him third spot on countback ahead of Martyn Cahill after they both had 40 on a day of low scoring all round. Bateman however didn't have the lowest score of the day in the rain affected Stableford though. Phil Aspinall enjoyed that honour even though he failed to score on three holes. The rest of his card was littered with nett birdies and eagles as he accumulated a superb total of 40 points on his way to Division Two success. Simon Baunton chalked up his first win since joining Brean with 33 points as he took the Division Three award.

Shelia and Ken Rouse won the Husband and Wife Greensomes on Saturday but it was yet another close finish. Gail and Steve Mason had an amazing front nine racking up 25 points but could not keep that momentum going on the back nine as they ended with 39 points. The Rouse's matched that overall figure but had two steadier nine's so were declared the winners on countback on the better back nine. Ali and Matt Haskins were third on 33 points.

George Stratford' s has enjoyed a successful year in the Seniors events and he scored another win in the last round of their Eclectic Medal. He scored a nett 67 which now sees his handicap reduced by shot to 22 and gives him a good chance of overall success in the Eclectic. Second place went to Colin Roberts on 68 ahead of John Heath on 69 in 3rd. The Seniors travelled to Minehead last Wednesday to face the Warreners in the second leg of their 2012 matches. Leading 4-2 from the home leg they suffered a reverse by the same margin in West Somerset to end with honours even for the year between the two sides.

Another two legged match was concluded as the friendly fixture with Caerleon GC was played at Brean on Friday. The Welshmen arrived in Somerset holding a 2 point advantage but couldn't match the excellent play of the home side on the day and went down by the sizeable margin of 8.5 to 1.5 meaning the Trophy stayed in England for another year.