IN the Somerset Intermediate Cup, Highbridge Town Reserves continue their torrid start to the season, losing 10-0 to Stogursey.

The Gallery from Division Four proved too strong for Division Five side Tone Youth winning 5-1. On target were Jason McPheat, Ollie Smith, Jamie Evans, Josh Staunton and Dan Addicott.

Three of our sides got though without kicking a ball as their opponents were unable to raise a side namely, Redgate, Morganians and Porlock.

Max Cushing and Sam Peppin both scored for Middlezoy Rovers Res to give them a 2-1 win over Chard. Bridgwater Sports Reserves had a 2-0 home win over KV FC with goals from Adam Wall and Joe Clarke.

On the wrong end of the results were Westonzoyland, Rhode Lane Wanderers and Wembdon.

New boys Woolavington go through to the second round of the Seward Cup after a 3-2 win in a tight contest against Creech Coogars. Will Pope scored twice for the winners with Simon Coombes getting the third to seal the win.

In league action, Division One's Predators dropped their first points of the season drawing 3-3 at Sampford Blues, despite goals for Carl Jones, Jack Taylor and Jamie Chillingworth.

Highbridge Town lost 4-0 to Locomotives and continue to prop the table up.

In Division Two, leaders Wembdon Saints had a 5-0 win over Appletree and in Division Three Redgate lost 4-0 to Bishops Hull.

Division Four saw North Petherton Reserves fall to a 3-1 defeat to Galmington Dragons despite a Gary Barnes goal.

Bridgwater Sports Colts had a 5-2 victory over Dulverton Town Reserves as veteran Matt Fursland scored a prolific hat trick and duo Liam Clapp and Luke Coles added one each.

In Division Five, a brace from Bruno Castro wasn't enough as Bridgwater Grasshoppers lost 5-2 to Sampford Blues Reserves.

East Bower had a big 8-1 win over Wembdon Saints Reserves, both George Wilkinson and Ollie Ham scored two, Jack Edwards, Jack Reed, George Turner and Luke Young all added one each. Tom Walford got Saints consolation goal.

Nether Stowey Reserves beat Galmington Dragons Reserves 3-0 thanks to Stewart Rigby, Taylor Buller and Piers Rangers all netting.

Middlezoy Athletic made their debut in the league but fell to a narrow 1-0 defeat to Staplegrove Colts. The game turned in the last 15 minutes when Rovers had a man red carded and Colts scored. The new boys nearly salvaged a point in the dying minutes but a superb reaction save from keeper Mark Tacchi kept his side in front.