FIREFIGHTERS tackled a chimney fire at a cottage in North Newton last night.
A crew from Bridgwater was sent to Tuckerton Farm just before 8.30pm after a call from the owner.
A fire service spokesman said: “On arrival they confirmed this was involving a wood burning stove and set to work extinguishing it from the hearth using chimney gear.
“The crew confirmed this was a difficult chimney fire and so it took them longer to extinguish it.
“Fire safety advice was given and duty of care was left with the owner.”