A361 problems are adding to Bridgwater traffic woes - claim

Bridgwater Mercury: A361 problems are adding to Bridgwater traffic woes - claim A361 problems are adding to Bridgwater traffic woes - claim

THE on/off closure of the A361 at Burrowbridge due to flooding is adding to traffic problems around Bridgwater, it has been claimed.

The road, which has been shut off for much of the past three months, was reopened on Thursday, but there remains the threat it will be closed again if heavy rain returns.

Malcolm Wollaston, 71, of Othery, spent three weeks taking a neighbour to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton for regular appointments, and says the closure of the A361 doubled the journey time from 25 minutes to 50 minutes.

He said: “I have to take the A372 into Bridgwater and then the A38 to Taunton.

“It's a long detour and there are roadworks in Bridgwater so it's a pain and it's making the traffic worse.

“There are a number of villages out here, such as Othery, Moorland and Huntworth, little communities where we've got the feeling we are being ignored.”

The Environment Agency says it is doing everything it can to pump the water off the moors as fast as possible, while a spokesman for Somerset County Council said: “We are discussing some options for preventing closures for long periods of time on the A361 but water management in that area poses many problems.”

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:45am Sat 9 Feb 13

Old Phucker says...

Closure of this road adding to traffic delays in Bridgwater?. Now why didn"t the rest of us think of that?.
Closure of this road adding to traffic delays in Bridgwater?. Now why didn"t the rest of us think of that?. Old Phucker

10:14am Sat 9 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

Old Phucker wrote:
Closure of this road adding to traffic delays in Bridgwater?. Now why didn"t the rest of us think of that?.
Off course it is, diverted traffic off the
A361, drivers finding their own alternative routes, to suit their individual needs. Added to by the roadworks in Bridgwater, last week on Taunton Rd Junction with Wills Rd, caused 4 Mile Holdups, buses running 40 Mins off their schedule. To and From Bridgwater, via N. Petherton to Taunton.
So why have the Environment Agency, with all their Computor Generated Flood Mapping Program's not foreseen this and taken alternative measures.
Or are they really in the dark, and can only react, rather than PRE-act. We are all aware of the 'Levels' on Somerset Flood Plains as being there for that purpose. To take the excess water away from Populated area's, to eleiviate Flooded Properties & Business, Schools etc.
We also know as residents of Somerset, that the River Parrett needs to be dredged from the Bottom and its sides, to enable 4 x the column of water to be capable of containing, without overtopping.
It astounded me this week to hear the Minister saying that this work had been carried out on the River Parrett!!
The Enviroment Agency, did a limited Scheme @ Moorland section of the Parrett some 2-3 years ago, dredged and removed the excess silt.!! Was it Succesful ,NO ! The reason why, well as I was told @ the time by the Boffin's in Enviroment Office, the River silt,when dredged cannot be put onto the existing riverbanks to heighten them against higher tides, because, wait for it, the silt is CONTAMINATED!
So their £450.000 Scheme over almost. A year, involved removing the Silt, taking it down the River by Barge, or letting the ebb & flow of the Tidal River, remove the said silt from that location.
Well guess what, as anyone with only half a Brain, like myself, could have told them, what goes out on the Tide also returns, with a bit more!!!!!
We also know that because we have had this New Type of Rain. Not just Wet Stuff, but Rain that dumps more in one place @ one go. We have had more than our share. Since B4 Xmas.
So we store it on the Levels, pump it off, when possible. It's not been possible, so where is our share here in Somerset, on Currymoor, MiddleMoor, Northmoor, of the Extra Funding to eleiviate our Tragic Flooding!!
Then, you can look away from theR.Parrett to the R Tone, they have allowed the extra rain water from Taunton, flowing into this river to be released onto the Moors between Bridgwater & Taunton.
For goodness sake, Enviroment Agency, get your fingers out off your ARSES, listen to what the Population of Somerset, want DREDGE OUR RIVER PARRETT, Properly, we all know, from basic school Physics, that you cannot get a Quart into a Pint Pot.
But you can get a Pint, and much moor ( forgive the Pun) into A Quart. It is not rocket Science........Maybe to you!!
Pray, please tell me also, as to what is in the SLUDGE, MUD, SILT, that is Contaminated.
Blue-Owl
Ex Cllr SDC David L Preece
[quote][p][bold]Old Phucker[/bold] wrote: Closure of this road adding to traffic delays in Bridgwater?. Now why didn"t the rest of us think of that?.[/p][/quote]Off course it is, diverted traffic off the A361, drivers finding their own alternative routes, to suit their individual needs. Added to by the roadworks in Bridgwater, last week on Taunton Rd Junction with Wills Rd, caused 4 Mile Holdups, buses running 40 Mins off their schedule. To and From Bridgwater, via N. Petherton to Taunton. So why have the Environment Agency, with all their Computor Generated Flood Mapping Program's not foreseen this and taken alternative measures. Or are they really in the dark, and can only react, rather than PRE-act. We are all aware of the 'Levels' on Somerset Flood Plains as being there for that purpose. To take the excess water away from Populated area's, to eleiviate Flooded Properties & Business, Schools etc. We also know as residents of Somerset, that the River Parrett needs to be dredged from the Bottom and its sides, to enable 4 x the column of water to be capable of containing, without overtopping. It astounded me this week to hear the Minister saying that this work had been carried out on the River Parrett!! The Enviroment Agency, did a limited Scheme @ Moorland section of the Parrett some 2-3 years ago, dredged and removed the excess silt.!! Was it Succesful ,NO ! The reason why, well as I was told @ the time by the Boffin's in Enviroment Office, the River silt,when dredged cannot be put onto the existing riverbanks to heighten them against higher tides, because, wait for it, the silt is CONTAMINATED! So their £450.000 Scheme over almost. A year, involved removing the Silt, taking it down the River by Barge, or letting the ebb & flow of the Tidal River, remove the said silt from that location. Well guess what, as anyone with only half a Brain, like myself, could have told them, what goes out on the Tide also returns, with a bit more!!!!! We also know that because we have had this New Type of Rain. Not just Wet Stuff, but Rain that dumps more in one place @ one go. We have had more than our share. Since B4 Xmas. So we store it on the Levels, pump it off, when possible. It's not been possible, so where is our share here in Somerset, on Currymoor, MiddleMoor, Northmoor, of the Extra Funding to eleiviate our Tragic Flooding!! Then, you can look away from theR.Parrett to the R Tone, they have allowed the extra rain water from Taunton, flowing into this river to be released onto the Moors between Bridgwater & Taunton. For goodness sake, Enviroment Agency, get your fingers out off your ARSES, listen to what the Population of Somerset, want DREDGE OUR RIVER PARRETT, Properly, we all know, from basic school Physics, that you cannot get a Quart into a Pint Pot. But you can get a Pint, and much moor ( forgive the Pun) into A Quart. It is not rocket Science........Maybe to you!! Pray, please tell me also, as to what is in the SLUDGE, MUD, SILT, that is Contaminated. Blue-Owl Ex Cllr SDC David L Preece Blue Owl

10:40am Sat 9 Feb 13

BaldCarl2 says...

Give it a rest Blue Owl. You don't half moan.
Give it a rest Blue Owl. You don't half moan. BaldCarl2

11:04am Sat 9 Feb 13

RustyKnight says...

Ignore BaldCarl2, he's just a troll with nothing better to do than make stupid irrelevant comments on this website.

I'd like to know what this silt is contaminated with, obviously its going to have salt in it, but what else.

More to the point, if the river had been regularly dredged in the past would this mysterious contamination have been avoided?
Ignore BaldCarl2, he's just a troll with nothing better to do than make stupid irrelevant comments on this website. I'd like to know what this silt is contaminated with, obviously its going to have salt in it, but what else. More to the point, if the river had been regularly dredged in the past would this mysterious contamination have been avoided? RustyKnight

11:49am Sat 9 Feb 13

Samej1 says...

Hydrocarbons and heavy metals - which we don't want washing back on to farmland if we want to avoid something far worse than a bit of horsemeat in our food chain.
Hydrocarbons and heavy metals - which we don't want washing back on to farmland if we want to avoid something far worse than a bit of horsemeat in our food chain. Samej1

4:02pm Sat 9 Feb 13

BaldCarl2 says...

Get lost RustyKnight.

My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on.

Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word.
Get lost RustyKnight. My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on. Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word. BaldCarl2

11:16am Sun 10 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

BaldCarl2 wrote:
Get lost RustyKnight.

My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on.

Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word.
Bald Carl, I 'm so sorry if the Facts that I have written in this previous post, Bore you, I would suspect that you above all would like to actually know these, as then you ACTUALLY, might be able to string together a Posting that is worth reading also.
For those of you that think my input is irrelevant, and takes up too much of this sites Megabites or whatever, then just look at the number of us in total, who even read and contribute to any of the articles. Maximum 30-40 so, what are we actually going to achieve, on these Sites, unless like myself, We all also make contact with the Outside Agencies, SCC , Highways, Environment, by email, letter, or phone.
That is the only way to effect change!!
Not by sniping at someone, who you do not agree with, put your point of view and stand behind it, it will stand or fall under scrutiny of its Merit's!!
Regards David Preece
Blue-Owl
[quote][p][bold]BaldCarl2[/bold] wrote: Get lost RustyKnight. My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on. Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word.[/p][/quote]Bald Carl, I 'm so sorry if the Facts that I have written in this previous post, Bore you, I would suspect that you above all would like to actually know these, as then you ACTUALLY, might be able to string together a Posting that is worth reading also. For those of you that think my input is irrelevant, and takes up too much of this sites Megabites or whatever, then just look at the number of us in total, who even read and contribute to any of the articles. Maximum 30-40 so, what are we actually going to achieve, on these Sites, unless like myself, We all also make contact with the Outside Agencies, SCC , Highways, Environment, by email, letter, or phone. That is the only way to effect change!! Not by sniping at someone, who you do not agree with, put your point of view and stand behind it, it will stand or fall under scrutiny of its Merit's!! Regards David Preece Blue-Owl Blue Owl

3:47pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ohdearithappenedagain says...

BaldCarl2 wrote:
Get lost RustyKnight.

My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on.

Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word.
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Baldcarl2.
Too often BlueOwl has a lot to say but these forums work well with short, to the point comments not long winded meanderings with a scattering of interest.
One point to make to BlueOwl = tl;dr
[quote][p][bold]BaldCarl2[/bold] wrote: Get lost RustyKnight. My comments to BlueOwl were aimed at how he goes on and on and on. Now there may well be some valid points to his argument buried somewhere in his comments but there just aren't enough hours in the day to read every single word.[/p][/quote]Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Baldcarl2. Too often BlueOwl has a lot to say but these forums work well with short, to the point comments not long winded meanderings with a scattering of interest. One point to make to BlueOwl = tl;dr ohdearithappenedagain

7:54pm Sun 10 Feb 13

the voice of common sense says...

Apparently the A361 was flooded to prevent the river tone from flooding taunton, so we get all the traffic that goes there every day.

Heard jeremy brown bragging on radio somerset about how much he has done for the road system in taunton, wouldn't it be nice to have our mp on the radio saying what he has done for us.

I suppose that silence is golden.

Just read his last contribution in parliament, attacking the RSPCA for prosecuting an illegal gathering by a bunch of toffs trying to savagely kill one of our wild mammals. The prime ministers hunt was the one in the dock over that one, is fiddle granger doing a bit of brown nosing?

We should be told
Apparently the A361 was flooded to prevent the river tone from flooding taunton, so we get all the traffic that goes there every day. Heard jeremy brown bragging on radio somerset about how much he has done for the road system in taunton, wouldn't it be nice to have our mp on the radio saying what he has done for us. I suppose that silence is golden. Just read his last contribution in parliament, attacking the RSPCA for prosecuting an illegal gathering by a bunch of toffs trying to savagely kill one of our wild mammals. The prime ministers hunt was the one in the dock over that one, is fiddle granger doing a bit of brown nosing? We should be told the voice of common sense

7:37am Mon 11 Feb 13

BaldCarl2 says...

I can tell Blue Owl is a councillor. His above post contains lots Capital letters where there shouldn't be.
That says to me he is typing out his posts on his iPad - essential IT hardware for a councillor.

Apparently.
I can tell Blue Owl is a councillor. His above post contains lots Capital letters where there shouldn't be. That says to me he is typing out his posts on his iPad - essential IT hardware for a councillor. Apparently. BaldCarl2

7:39am Mon 11 Feb 13

BaldCarl2 says...

Oh yeah. And my point of view is:

It rains, it floods, get over it
Oh yeah. And my point of view is: It rains, it floods, get over it BaldCarl2

8:55am Mon 11 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

BaldCarl2 wrote:
Oh yeah. And my point of view is:

It rains, it floods, get over it
So not so clever Baldcarl2
Blue-owl, is not a Councillor, yes he is using an iPad, which I have apologised in previous posts for the errors that it throws in to the written/ typed Text, see there's another Capitalisation of my words typed, in fact 2, so shoot me.
As my Computor, Laptop, and iPad, indeed my Mobile phone, oops more unforced Caps, are all my own paid for by myself, you can with draw that remark, of essential tools for a Councillor.
Great, your comment, " it rains, it floods ,get over it " say that to the residents who have lost £thousands of their life savings and treasured personal family items.!
I wonder, if you were one of the people affected, if you would then be so blatant with your comments, which I found very patronising !!
Blue-Owl
David L Preece
[quote][p][bold]BaldCarl2[/bold] wrote: Oh yeah. And my point of view is: It rains, it floods, get over it[/p][/quote]So not so clever Baldcarl2 Blue-owl, is not a Councillor, yes he is using an iPad, which I have apologised in previous posts for the errors that it throws in to the written/ typed Text, see there's another Capitalisation of my words typed, in fact 2, so shoot me. As my Computor, Laptop, and iPad, indeed my Mobile phone, oops more unforced Caps, are all my own paid for by myself, you can with draw that remark, of essential tools for a Councillor. Great, your comment, " it rains, it floods ,get over it " say that to the residents who have lost £thousands of their life savings and treasured personal family items.! I wonder, if you were one of the people affected, if you would then be so blatant with your comments, which I found very patronising !! Blue-Owl David L Preece Blue Owl

11:16am Mon 11 Feb 13

Bridgy old Boy says...

Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.
Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change. Bridgy old Boy

7:56pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

Bridgy old Boy wrote:
Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.
I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers.
Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett.
Regards Blue-Owl
[quote][p][bold]Bridgy old Boy[/bold] wrote: Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.[/p][/quote]I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers. Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett. Regards Blue-Owl Blue Owl

11:59pm Mon 11 Feb 13

notasnarrowmindedasmost says...

Blue Owl wrote:
Bridgy old Boy wrote:
Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.
I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers.
Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett.
Regards Blue-Owl
Bejesus .....Blue Bowel is now a drainage expert ......The council could save a fortune lets just employ Blue Bowel to sort everything ......you really are a pompous **** .....you can sort the planning issues , the drainage problems, the traffic chaos .......hey the pope has just called it a day ....bet you could do his job as well ..
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bridgy old Boy[/bold] wrote: Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.[/p][/quote]I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers. Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett. Regards Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]Bejesus .....Blue Bowel is now a drainage expert ......The council could save a fortune lets just employ Blue Bowel to sort everything ......you really are a pompous **** .....you can sort the planning issues , the drainage problems, the traffic chaos .......hey the pope has just called it a day ....bet you could do his job as well .. notasnarrowmindedasmost

12:04am Tue 12 Feb 13

Krysiz says...

Blue Owl! Zzz you are the reason most sites have a character limit. I've not bothered to read the mass of text but most of the issue is down to farmers not clearing their ditches. The rhynes take water from those to drain into the Parrett. When there not cleared you have surface water on the fields. And as far back as I can remember that road and the surrounding area has flooded. People are well aware they live in flood risk area.
Blue Owl! Zzz you are the reason most sites have a character limit. I've not bothered to read the mass of text but most of the issue is down to farmers not clearing their ditches. The rhynes take water from those to drain into the Parrett. When there not cleared you have surface water on the fields. And as far back as I can remember that road and the surrounding area has flooded. People are well aware they live in flood risk area. Krysiz

7:36am Tue 12 Feb 13

ianeggbert says...

Blue Fowl, is that your old Range Rover pictured and stuck in the flood?

You know, the one with the registration N99 MAD that you didn't chase anyone in.
Blue Fowl, is that your old Range Rover pictured and stuck in the flood? You know, the one with the registration N99 MAD that you didn't chase anyone in. ianeggbert

8:30am Tue 12 Feb 13

TAGuy says...

Blue Owl wrote:
Bridgy old Boy wrote:
Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.
I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers.
Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett.
Regards Blue-Owl
Do you seriously think that dredging of the Parrett and Tone will eleviate all of the flood water? Currymoor, Haymoor, West Sedgemoor, Huish Level, Wet Moor etc etc hold millions of cubic metres of flood water.

The rivers would have to be huge to carry all of this water. Dredging could have some effect on smaller flood events, and could slow the filling of the moors. The moors would fill up a bit less and therefore would take less pumping to get it off but the flood events seen in 2012, 2000 etc etc will always lead to the moors filling up, spillways running, A361 flooding etc.

The trouble is even if you remove all the silt and not leave it for the tide, these are low lying rivers with little gradient. Silt from upstream will always be deposited there so dredging would need to be frequent otherwise your back to square 1 very quickly. The tide also brings silt in from the Severn Estuary with its 2nd highest tidal range in the world and huge silt load. What next, dredge the entire Severn Estuary?

Dredging also destroys natural habitats of Otters, Kingfishers, Water Fowls and birds so is not very environmentally friendly.
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bridgy old Boy[/bold] wrote: Reluctant as I am to agree with Bald Carl and not being sold on the excuses of the "wrong type of leaf's" or "wrong type of rain" it is very self evident that the amount of rain that has been deposited on this green and pleasant land over the last 9 months has been excessive and frankly never ending. You do reach a stage where the rhynnes; ditches; drains and rivers just cannot cope and any amount of dredging will not help. There was a farmer on Countryfile yesterday who had to sell up his beef herd just because he could not get his cattle back on the very damp land and this was unrelated to the drainage of the levels. There is no obvious answer other than to look at global warming and climate change.[/p][/quote]I'm afraid you saying there is nothing or little that can be done re: flooding, excess rainfall over the last 6-9 months, I have to disagree, the Dredging of the Tone & Parrett properly would allow extra water column capacity into these 2 Rivers. Which certainly, would eleiviate some if not all of this flood water, the drainage board, do a good job, with the Local Rhyne system. Which in turn empties into the Parrett. Regards Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that dredging of the Parrett and Tone will eleviate all of the flood water? Currymoor, Haymoor, West Sedgemoor, Huish Level, Wet Moor etc etc hold millions of cubic metres of flood water. The rivers would have to be huge to carry all of this water. Dredging could have some effect on smaller flood events, and could slow the filling of the moors. The moors would fill up a bit less and therefore would take less pumping to get it off but the flood events seen in 2012, 2000 etc etc will always lead to the moors filling up, spillways running, A361 flooding etc. The trouble is even if you remove all the silt and not leave it for the tide, these are low lying rivers with little gradient. Silt from upstream will always be deposited there so dredging would need to be frequent otherwise your back to square 1 very quickly. The tide also brings silt in from the Severn Estuary with its 2nd highest tidal range in the world and huge silt load. What next, dredge the entire Severn Estuary? Dredging also destroys natural habitats of Otters, Kingfishers, Water Fowls and birds so is not very environmentally friendly. TAGuy

12:52am Wed 13 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

ianeggbert wrote:
Blue Fowl, is that your old Range Rover pictured and stuck in the flood?

You know, the one with the registration N99 MAD that you didn't chase anyone in.
Ianeggbert, you really do lower yourself, I have fully explained, and answered you snide innuendos re this incident 7 years ago, Road Rage allegations and charges dismissed, trial jurors thanked for their wasted time, the Judge, decided, not on evidence, but on what we don't know to Bind me over, only in respect to Ms Lee's, for 2 years, why who knows, he dismissed the charges, trial, jury after 3 hrs of a 3 day trial, I have explained that my Barrister, gave me the wrong meaning as to acceptance of a binding over, this is not the same as accepting a caution!
Ms Lee' lies stated under oath that my Range Rover overtook her little Morris Minor 6 times, yes 6 times, well as you are so clever ! How could I possibly have been behind her 6 times, without her overtaking my Range Rover, on the A39 along North St ,into Wembdon Rd and onward to Quantock Rd..???
Simples, all a pack of lies, towards me a District Councillor, Conservative.
So if you are going to continue with this line of questioning of me, then you better come out from behind your Psuedonom , and I will instruct my Solicitor, because enough is enough ! I and my Family, went through enough for the 18 months awaiting Trial, when I was not allowed to defend the allegations against me, and the further year, of the London Standards Board enquiry, laid against by Labours then Leader Cllr Roger Lavers. Again found not guilty, of bringing my Office as a Councillor in to disrepute.
So I warn you now. Leave it out, or there will be consequences to you.
David L Preece. Blue-owl
Yes, I can and will use these Postings as evidence, if neccessary
[quote][p][bold]ianeggbert[/bold] wrote: Blue Fowl, is that your old Range Rover pictured and stuck in the flood? You know, the one with the registration N99 MAD that you didn't chase anyone in.[/p][/quote]Ianeggbert, you really do lower yourself, I have fully explained, and answered you snide innuendos re this incident 7 years ago, Road Rage allegations and charges dismissed, trial jurors thanked for their wasted time, the Judge, decided, not on evidence, but on what we don't know to Bind me over, only in respect to Ms Lee's, for 2 years, why who knows, he dismissed the charges, trial, jury after 3 hrs of a 3 day trial, I have explained that my Barrister, gave me the wrong meaning as to acceptance of a binding over, this is not the same as accepting a caution! Ms Lee' lies stated under oath that my Range Rover overtook her little Morris Minor 6 times, yes 6 times, well as you are so clever ! How could I possibly have been behind her 6 times, without her overtaking my Range Rover, on the A39 along North St ,into Wembdon Rd and onward to Quantock Rd..??? Simples, all a pack of lies, towards me a District Councillor, Conservative. So if you are going to continue with this line of questioning of me, then you better come out from behind your Psuedonom , and I will instruct my Solicitor, because enough is enough ! I and my Family, went through enough for the 18 months awaiting Trial, when I was not allowed to defend the allegations against me, and the further year, of the London Standards Board enquiry, laid against by Labours then Leader Cllr Roger Lavers. Again found not guilty, of bringing my Office as a Councillor in to disrepute. So I warn you now. Leave it out, or there will be consequences to you. David L Preece. Blue-owl Yes, I can and will use these Postings as evidence, if neccessary Blue Owl

2:29am Wed 13 Feb 13

BaldCarl2 says...

Ha ha. Absolute class
Ha ha. Absolute class BaldCarl2

9:46am Wed 13 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

BaldCarl2 wrote:
Ha ha. Absolute class
What is your postings meaning ?
Or is it the normal dribble!,@2.29 am in the morning, How sad a life you must lead awaiting a Posting from myself, so you can ' Pounce' onto it.
Does your Computor alert you when my postings are made,??
Ha Ha, absolute class, ! One presumes should be class ic !!
Interesting, that on the News this morning, is the fact, as I quoted yesterday, that if one Posts, Twitters, Facebook an item, that is scurrilous of defamatory, then action can be taken against the said perpertrator .
Ha Ha Blue -Owl
[quote][p][bold]BaldCarl2[/bold] wrote: Ha ha. Absolute class[/p][/quote]What is your postings meaning ? Or is it the normal dribble!,@2.29 am in the morning, How sad a life you must lead awaiting a Posting from myself, so you can ' Pounce' onto it. Does your Computor alert you when my postings are made,?? Ha Ha, absolute class, ! One presumes should be class ic !! Interesting, that on the News this morning, is the fact, as I quoted yesterday, that if one Posts, Twitters, Facebook an item, that is scurrilous of defamatory, then action can be taken against the said perpertrator . Ha Ha Blue -Owl Blue Owl

2:05pm Wed 13 Feb 13

TAGuy says...

Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl?

I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water.

If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide.
Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl? I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water. If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide. TAGuy

11:53pm Wed 13 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

TAGuy wrote:
Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl?

I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water.

If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide.
Exactly the Flood defences, are supposed to be that,! Defences, built to withhold excess water, over the last 20 years our homes, farms businesses have been secure from floodwater, because of the £ millions of Taxpayers money spent to improve the protection measures, to enable management, of high rain or tidal surges.
Therefore, management is the key word, from the Enviroment Agency, who have a responsibility to us the residents, to ensure that our lives are protected to the best of their ability. As we pay our insurance premiums according to the Flood Risk Zone, we are in, however this doesn't equate to premiums, and risk ie ; Flood Zone 3or 3a in Bridgwater, a I in 100 year flood risk, according to the Computor Generated Stats that the Enviroment Agency use.!! Out of date irrelevant Data.As Flood Zones 3 and 3a have not flooded in 100-150 + years, so who' conning who, all I know if you live I these Zones, you will pay more Insurance, and your Mortgage is higher, than the rest of Bridgwater. fact.!
But ,hey what do I know!
T A Guy, guess what many many years ago the whole of Somerset, was under water, across the Moors to Glastonbury, all those peat moors you speak of, they have been drained, which is why here in Bridgewater we have 'The King Sedgemoor Drain' I wonder what that was for, or is!!!?
To you question, re above,
If some Poster wants to take us away from the subject by asking me a specific question, then I wil respond.
Blue-Owl
[quote][p][bold]TAGuy[/bold] wrote: Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl? I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water. If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide.[/p][/quote]Exactly the Flood defences, are supposed to be that,! Defences, built to withhold excess water, over the last 20 years our homes, farms businesses have been secure from floodwater, because of the £ millions of Taxpayers money spent to improve the protection measures, to enable management, of high rain or tidal surges. Therefore, management is the key word, from the Enviroment Agency, who have a responsibility to us the residents, to ensure that our lives are protected to the best of their ability. As we pay our insurance premiums according to the Flood Risk Zone, we are in, however this doesn't equate to premiums, and risk ie ; Flood Zone 3or 3a in Bridgwater, a I in 100 year flood risk, according to the Computor Generated Stats that the Enviroment Agency use.!! Out of date irrelevant Data.As Flood Zones 3 and 3a have not flooded in 100-150 + years, so who' conning who, all I know if you live I these Zones, you will pay more Insurance, and your Mortgage is higher, than the rest of Bridgwater. fact.! But ,hey what do I know! T A Guy, guess what many many years ago the whole of Somerset, was under water, across the Moors to Glastonbury, all those peat moors you speak of, they have been drained, which is why here in Bridgewater we have 'The King Sedgemoor Drain' I wonder what that was for, or is!!!? To you question, re above, If some Poster wants to take us away from the subject by asking me a specific question, then I wil respond. Blue-Owl Blue Owl

8:00am Thu 14 Feb 13

ianeggbert says...

Blue Fowl,

Firstly, you can attempt legal action if you wish - if you read back through any posts I think you will see that (apart from questioning your grasp of grammar and literacy) you are the one that has gone on lengthy and informative rants regarding your personal life. I merely asked a few questions.

Anyway, moving on. Can I just point out that mortgage payments will NEVER be higher if you live in a higher rated flood zone. The lender may refuse to lend but the interest rate will be unaffected. As an expert on everything though, I do expect you to correct me for my crass stupidity.....
Blue Fowl, Firstly, you can attempt legal action if you wish - if you read back through any posts I think you will see that (apart from questioning your grasp of grammar and literacy) you are the one that has gone on lengthy and informative rants regarding your personal life. I merely asked a few questions. Anyway, moving on. Can I just point out that mortgage payments will NEVER be higher if you live in a higher rated flood zone. The lender may refuse to lend but the interest rate will be unaffected. As an expert on everything though, I do expect you to correct me for my crass stupidity..... ianeggbert

12:49pm Thu 14 Feb 13

TAGuy says...

Blue Owl wrote:
TAGuy wrote: Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl? I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water. If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide.
Exactly the Flood defences, are supposed to be that,! Defences, built to withhold excess water, over the last 20 years our homes, farms businesses have been secure from floodwater, because of the £ millions of Taxpayers money spent to improve the protection measures, to enable management, of high rain or tidal surges. Therefore, management is the key word, from the Enviroment Agency, who have a responsibility to us the residents, to ensure that our lives are protected to the best of their ability. As we pay our insurance premiums according to the Flood Risk Zone, we are in, however this doesn't equate to premiums, and risk ie ; Flood Zone 3or 3a in Bridgwater, a I in 100 year flood risk, according to the Computor Generated Stats that the Enviroment Agency use.!! Out of date irrelevant Data.As Flood Zones 3 and 3a have not flooded in 100-150 + years, so who' conning who, all I know if you live I these Zones, you will pay more Insurance, and your Mortgage is higher, than the rest of Bridgwater. fact.! But ,hey what do I know! T A Guy, guess what many many years ago the whole of Somerset, was under water, across the Moors to Glastonbury, all those peat moors you speak of, they have been drained, which is why here in Bridgewater we have 'The King Sedgemoor Drain' I wonder what that was for, or is!!!? To you question, re above, If some Poster wants to take us away from the subject by asking me a specific question, then I wil respond. Blue-Owl
I suggest a little bit of research and background reading is required.

The flood maps on the EA website show the flood risk without defences. So yes, without defences a lot of Bridgwater is at risk of flooding.

The following links my be helpful

http://www.environme
nt-agency.gov.uk/hom
eandleisure/37837.as
px

and this

http://www.environme
nt-agency.gov.uk/hom
eandleisure/31662.as
px

with particular attention to

To assist householders and insurers in providing insurance, we have supplied ABI member insurance companies with information that gives a national assessment of likelihood of flooding from rivers and the sea, within the floodplain taking into account flood defences.

It provides a first step for insurers in assessing flood risk for a general location and forms part of a wider range of information that they use in their risk assessment.

and

Insurers use our information alongside their own data and other relevant information customers may provide to make an assessment of whether they can provide insurance cover and under what terms.

So whilst the EA flood map shows flooding that could happen if no defences were in place, luckily, for people like myself who are within the floodplain, defences are in place.

The insurance companies take the defences into account and flood likelihood to insure people even if they are in the flood map.

I wouldn't call my insurance premium excessive and I am in the flood zone. The flood zones/map, are only indicative.
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TAGuy[/bold] wrote: Any chance we can get back on subject, nothing further to add on flooding Blue Owl? I forgot to mention, the moors have flooded for centuries, the farms that make use of this land take advantage of soils with increased fetility from the sediments deposited from flood water. If it were not for the tidal defences the moors and other low lying land would be flooded on every high spring tide.[/p][/quote]Exactly the Flood defences, are supposed to be that,! Defences, built to withhold excess water, over the last 20 years our homes, farms businesses have been secure from floodwater, because of the £ millions of Taxpayers money spent to improve the protection measures, to enable management, of high rain or tidal surges. Therefore, management is the key word, from the Enviroment Agency, who have a responsibility to us the residents, to ensure that our lives are protected to the best of their ability. As we pay our insurance premiums according to the Flood Risk Zone, we are in, however this doesn't equate to premiums, and risk ie ; Flood Zone 3or 3a in Bridgwater, a I in 100 year flood risk, according to the Computor Generated Stats that the Enviroment Agency use.!! Out of date irrelevant Data.As Flood Zones 3 and 3a have not flooded in 100-150 + years, so who' conning who, all I know if you live I these Zones, you will pay more Insurance, and your Mortgage is higher, than the rest of Bridgwater. fact.! But ,hey what do I know! T A Guy, guess what many many years ago the whole of Somerset, was under water, across the Moors to Glastonbury, all those peat moors you speak of, they have been drained, which is why here in Bridgewater we have 'The King Sedgemoor Drain' I wonder what that was for, or is!!!? To you question, re above, If some Poster wants to take us away from the subject by asking me a specific question, then I wil respond. Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]I suggest a little bit of research and background reading is required. The flood maps on the EA website show the flood risk without defences. So yes, without defences a lot of Bridgwater is at risk of flooding. The following links my be helpful http://www.environme nt-agency.gov.uk/hom eandleisure/37837.as px and this http://www.environme nt-agency.gov.uk/hom eandleisure/31662.as px with particular attention to To assist householders and insurers in providing insurance, we have supplied ABI member insurance companies with information that gives a national assessment of likelihood of flooding from rivers and the sea, within the floodplain taking into account flood defences. It provides a first step for insurers in assessing flood risk for a general location and forms part of a wider range of information that they use in their risk assessment. and Insurers use our information alongside their own data and other relevant information customers may provide to make an assessment of whether they can provide insurance cover and under what terms. So whilst the EA flood map shows flooding that could happen if no defences were in place, luckily, for people like myself who are within the floodplain, defences are in place. The insurance companies take the defences into account and flood likelihood to insure people even if they are in the flood map. I wouldn't call my insurance premium excessive and I am in the flood zone. The flood zones/map, are only indicative. TAGuy

6:57am Fri 15 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

TAGuy, what you quote is correct, but when you say your insurance isn't particularly high, well, I can assure you that I live on Fleed Zone 3, have done for 35 + years. Because of the Flood prevention s measures, Defenses installed over this period, I can confirm as others will that we have not been flooded!.
However, that does not stop the insurance companies factoring into our Premiums "the so-Called Risk ", if we therefore were to be the subject of flood water, this would not come. From the River Parrett overtopping its banks.
As the BurrowBridge Banks, are significantly lower than Bridgwater to allow this to happen there!! How unfortunate for those residents!!
So here we are, with these measures in place, the Flood water will come from surface water, unable to escape, due to the culverts not being able to cope with excess water, we still have drains that are being fed from all the new housing in and around Bridgwater.
With regard to the mortgage Premiums due to Flood Zone Mapping 3and3A, Morgage premiums were refused on a property my son owned on Bower Manor Estate some 5 years ago, by 5 different Companies, to prospective buyers.
So the question I asked of the Environment Agencies, to their. floodMapping and its Use of the Data,is why when because of the Preventative Measures done in the recent years, is 3 and 3A zones, still classed as Risk, when we haven't flooded for over 150 years.!! With no more risk than Zone 1 in Bridgwater??
No reply given, we just have to Pay More ! why ?
Regards Blue-Owl
TAGuy, what you quote is correct, but when you say your insurance isn't particularly high, well, I can assure you that I live on Fleed Zone 3, have done for 35 + years. Because of the Flood prevention s measures, Defenses installed over this period, I can confirm as others will that we have not been flooded!. However, that does not stop the insurance companies factoring into our Premiums "the so-Called Risk ", if we therefore were to be the subject of flood water, this would not come. From the River Parrett overtopping its banks. As the BurrowBridge Banks, are significantly lower than Bridgwater to allow this to happen there!! How unfortunate for those residents!! So here we are, with these measures in place, the Flood water will come from surface water, unable to escape, due to the culverts not being able to cope with excess water, we still have drains that are being fed from all the new housing in and around Bridgwater. With regard to the mortgage Premiums due to Flood Zone Mapping 3and3A, Morgage premiums were refused on a property my son owned on Bower Manor Estate some 5 years ago, by 5 different Companies, to prospective buyers. So the question I asked of the Environment Agencies, to their. floodMapping and its Use of the Data,is why when because of the Preventative Measures done in the recent years, is 3 and 3A zones, still classed as Risk, when we haven't flooded for over 150 years.!! With no more risk than Zone 1 in Bridgwater?? No reply given, we just have to Pay More ! why ? Regards Blue-Owl Blue Owl

7:01am Fri 15 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

Please excuse the ' Fleed' instead of Flood, I did'nt spot it b4 pressing submit! I'm sure BaldCarl will.!
DavidPreeceBlue-Owl
Please excuse the ' Fleed' instead of Flood, I did'nt spot it b4 pressing submit! I'm sure BaldCarl will.! DavidPreeceBlue-Owl Blue Owl

7:27am Fri 15 Feb 13

ianeggbert says...

Blue Fowl,

Please understand, mortgage payments WILL NOT be affected flood risk!

As for 5 different insurance companies not taking on an insurance risk for a property on Bower Manor I suggest this is you, once again, exaggerating things just to try and make a rather convoluted point (and please don't take me to task on this as l am an expert in a field you most certainly are not).
Blue Fowl, Please understand, mortgage payments WILL NOT be affected flood risk! As for 5 different insurance companies not taking on an insurance risk for a property on Bower Manor I suggest this is you, once again, exaggerating things just to try and make a rather convoluted point (and please don't take me to task on this as l am an expert in a field you most certainly are not). ianeggbert

12:19am Sun 17 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

ianeggbert wrote:
Blue Fowl,

Please understand, mortgage payments WILL NOT be affected flood risk!

As for 5 different insurance companies not taking on an insurance risk for a property on Bower Manor I suggest this is you, once again, exaggerating things just to try and make a rather convoluted point (and please don't take me to task on this as l am an expert in a field you most certainly are not).
I am quoting from reliable info,I don't give a **** about your expertise in this field, my son had this problem when he was sell ing his property Tynte Road, on Bower some 7 years ago. If you bothered to read my Post, I did not say that the Morgage companies refused insurance, I said that the premiums are higher, and that these potential buyers were not offered mortgages on his property, because of the flood zone 3and 3a Zoning, !!
Blue -Owl
You only go lower in my mind when you refer to me as blueFowl , do I insult you, by changing ing your Psuedonom to Ian coddled eggnog brain.
If you cannot be civil, don't bother!!
[quote][p][bold]ianeggbert[/bold] wrote: Blue Fowl, Please understand, mortgage payments WILL NOT be affected flood risk! As for 5 different insurance companies not taking on an insurance risk for a property on Bower Manor I suggest this is you, once again, exaggerating things just to try and make a rather convoluted point (and please don't take me to task on this as l am an expert in a field you most certainly are not).[/p][/quote]I am quoting from reliable info,I don't give a **** about your expertise in this field, my son had this problem when he was sell ing his property Tynte Road, on Bower some 7 years ago. If you bothered to read my Post, I did not say that the Morgage companies refused insurance, I said that the premiums are higher, and that these potential buyers were not offered mortgages on his property, because of the flood zone 3and 3a Zoning, !! Blue -Owl You only go lower in my mind when you refer to me as blueFowl , do I insult you, by changing ing your Psuedonom to Ian coddled eggnog brain. If you cannot be civil, don't bother!! Blue Owl

10:13am Sun 17 Feb 13

ianeggbert says...

Good Morning Blue Fowl,

were you out on the ale last night as you seemed to be quite abusive and somewhat confused in your last rant?

Just for you I'm going to point out a couple of things. Mortgage Premiums and Insurance Premiums are 2 different things. Mortgage Premiums are the payments to your mortgage lender and will never be affected by flood risk unless of course you are unable to obtain insurance in which case they won't lend. Insurance Premiums are the payments you make to your insurance company and these payments can be affected by many different things including flood risk, crime rate, claims history etc etc

If I may be so pedantic I will just quote directly from your previous post of Feb 15th in which you state

"mortgage premiums were REFUSED on a property my son owned...."

You also state in the 15th Feb tome that it was 5 years ago and last night

"...he was selling his property on Tynte Road some 7 years ago"

The things is Blue Fowl, this is precisely the reason you come in for so much grief. You purport to be an expert in many things but on the face of it let yourself down by not knowing the most rudimentary facts of the subject you choose to argue about. Let's face it, as pointed out above, you've even contradicted yourself in the space of a few days!

yours

Iancoddledeggnogbrai
n

PS the word is "pseudonym" (no capital letter) and not Psuedonom
Good Morning Blue Fowl, were you out on the ale last night as you seemed to be quite abusive and somewhat confused in your last rant? Just for you I'm going to point out a couple of things. Mortgage Premiums and Insurance Premiums are 2 different things. Mortgage Premiums are the payments to your mortgage lender and will never be affected by flood risk unless of course you are unable to obtain insurance in which case they won't lend. Insurance Premiums are the payments you make to your insurance company and these payments can be affected by many different things including flood risk, crime rate, claims history etc etc If I may be so pedantic I will just quote directly from your previous post of Feb 15th in which you state "mortgage premiums were REFUSED on a property my son owned...." You also state in the 15th Feb tome that it was 5 years ago and last night "...he was selling his property on Tynte Road some 7 years ago" The things is Blue Fowl, this is precisely the reason you come in for so much grief. You purport to be an expert in many things but on the face of it let yourself down by not knowing the most rudimentary facts of the subject you choose to argue about. Let's face it, as pointed out above, you've even contradicted yourself in the space of a few days! yours Iancoddledeggnogbrai n PS the word is "pseudonym" (no capital letter) and not Psuedonom ianeggbert

11:44am Mon 18 Feb 13

Blue Owl says...

ianeggbert wrote:
Good Morning Blue Fowl,

were you out on the ale last night as you seemed to be quite abusive and somewhat confused in your last rant?

Just for you I'm going to point out a couple of things. Mortgage Premiums and Insurance Premiums are 2 different things. Mortgage Premiums are the payments to your mortgage lender and will never be affected by flood risk unless of course you are unable to obtain insurance in which case they won't lend. Insurance Premiums are the payments you make to your insurance company and these payments can be affected by many different things including flood risk, crime rate, claims history etc etc

If I may be so pedantic I will just quote directly from your previous post of Feb 15th in which you state

"mortgage premiums were REFUSED on a property my son owned...."

You also state in the 15th Feb tome that it was 5 years ago and last night

"...he was selling his property on Tynte Road some 7 years ago"

The things is Blue Fowl, this is precisely the reason you come in for so much grief. You purport to be an expert in many things but on the face of it let yourself down by not knowing the most rudimentary facts of the subject you choose to argue about. Let's face it, as pointed out above, you've even contradicted yourself in the space of a few days!

yours

Iancoddledeggnogbrai

n

PS the word is "pseudonym" (no capital letter) and not Psuedonom
Oh Ian, what a clever boy you r, now , you quote me as being an expert in everything,!! I have said in my posts that I have an experience or Knowlege ,due to having some interaction, within certain fields.
To the Contrary, I am an Idiot! But, even Idiots are learning from life's day to day matters, Yes, I may err, sometimes when I am posting, oh how wounded oust must be to be so so perfect.
As u are well aware the point I was making, Insurance Premiums are higher in Zone 3 & 3A.
Morgage companies, some will not lend on properties, that have certain
TA6. ??? Postcodes.
To answer your question dire egged @ me ( Oops Predictive Text Again- must know to whom I am responding) should have been directed.! Yes, normally if one makes an error, in typeface, it's either, stupidity, or a little alcohol. But I only respond to insults Posted, as they are aimed @ myself, so it is only polite to respond.
Blue-Owl.
Ian, really you ought to rename your Postnamed as smarties pants, as I cannot wait to read your posts although, I love your eloquent posts, it do make I Lauff out loud !!
[quote][p][bold]ianeggbert[/bold] wrote: Good Morning Blue Fowl, were you out on the ale last night as you seemed to be quite abusive and somewhat confused in your last rant? Just for you I'm going to point out a couple of things. Mortgage Premiums and Insurance Premiums are 2 different things. Mortgage Premiums are the payments to your mortgage lender and will never be affected by flood risk unless of course you are unable to obtain insurance in which case they won't lend. Insurance Premiums are the payments you make to your insurance company and these payments can be affected by many different things including flood risk, crime rate, claims history etc etc If I may be so pedantic I will just quote directly from your previous post of Feb 15th in which you state "mortgage premiums were REFUSED on a property my son owned...." You also state in the 15th Feb tome that it was 5 years ago and last night "...he was selling his property on Tynte Road some 7 years ago" The things is Blue Fowl, this is precisely the reason you come in for so much grief. You purport to be an expert in many things but on the face of it let yourself down by not knowing the most rudimentary facts of the subject you choose to argue about. Let's face it, as pointed out above, you've even contradicted yourself in the space of a few days! yours Iancoddledeggnogbrai n PS the word is "pseudonym" (no capital letter) and not Psuedonom[/p][/quote]Oh Ian, what a clever boy you r, now , you quote me as being an expert in everything,!! I have said in my posts that I have an experience or Knowlege ,due to having some interaction, within certain fields. To the Contrary, I am an Idiot! But, even Idiots are learning from life's day to day matters, Yes, I may err, sometimes when I am posting, oh how wounded oust must be to be so so perfect. As u are well aware the point I was making, Insurance Premiums are higher in Zone 3 & 3A. Morgage companies, some will not lend on properties, that have certain TA6. ??? Postcodes. To answer your question dire egged @ me ( Oops Predictive Text Again- must know to whom I am responding) should have been directed.! Yes, normally if one makes an error, in typeface, it's either, stupidity, or a little alcohol. But I only respond to insults Posted, as they are aimed @ myself, so it is only polite to respond. Blue-Owl. Ian, really you ought to rename your Postnamed as smarties pants, as I cannot wait to read your posts although, I love your eloquent posts, it do make I Lauff out loud !! Blue Owl

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree