Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MERCURY NEWS to 80360 or email us
Road open after small property fire in Bridgwater
CHILTON street is now open again after a small fire at a property following a DIY incident.
Firemen and Wales and West Utilities were called out to a house fire around 12pm this afternoon (Sunday).
A police spokesman said: “Someone was doing DIY which resulted in a small fire. Fire crews quickly extinguished it and no one was injured. The road is now open again.”
A spokesman for Wales and West Utilities added that staff had attended the scene after someone doing home improvements accidentally drilled through an electricity cable and a gas pipe.
He added: “It caused an ignition which resulted in a small fire. We capped off the gas at the metre and ensured it was safe.”
Comments are closed on this article.