Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MERCURY NEWS to 80360 or email us
Celebration Mile consultation events - this Saturday's event cancelled
A FOUR week programme of consultation events has been planned to discuss the Celebration Mile.
The Celebration Mile is a pedestrian route from the station to the Docks, celebrating the history of Bridgwater through improved design.
But due to bad weather being forecast for Saturday, tomorrow’s Celebration Mile public consultation in New Street, Bridgwater has been cancelled.
Sedgemoor District Council has chosen Celebration Mile as the first project in a major face lift for the town centre as part of The Bridgwater Vision.
The project’s objectives are:
• The Station will be a better, brighter entrance to the town and a gateway to Celebration Mile taking people to the town centre.
• St John Street will become pedestrian friendly, while still providing an important route for traffic and cyclists between the station and town centre
• Eastover will be a pedestrian friendly street and a high quality extension to town centre shopping
• Fore Street will see a sensitive improvement of the historic town centre and revitalisation of the shopping environment
• Angel Crescent will invite people to discover this hidden gem in the town centre and make the most of its shops, cafes and historic buildings.
• The Dock will create a distinctive and attractive new destination and northern gateway to the town centre and Celebration Mile.
The consultation programme began on April 29 and will run to May 23.
Remaining events, where you can ask questions and find out more from staff, will be held on:
• May 16, 10-2pm outside Bridgwater Railway Station.
• May 23, 10-2pm in the Castle Market, Bridgwater.
You can also view plans and leave comments at the following un-staffed events:
• May 12 to 15 in the ticket hall of Bridgwater Railway Station during opening hours.
Detailed plans are also available at www.sedgemoor.gov.uk, please search for ‘Celebration Mile’.
Once you have viewed the plans you can also send in your comments, before the 23rd May, by completing the online questionnaire, emailing email@example.com or writing to: Economic Development, Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, TA6 3AR
Comments are closed on this article.